Tub/Shower faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hi all,

I'm new here. I need some help with my shower-tub faucet. The diverter doesn't work anymore. Do you know how to take this apart? I've got the handles off but can't get the main front cover off. Maybe it doesn't come off.

Do I have to replace the whole valve?

Both of my showers did this to me in the same week. Whatever I do, I get to do it twice. Image
Harry

Hi

Do you have an access panel? On the backside of the wall you will find 2 plastic nuts that hold the assembly to the wall. Once you remove the faucet assemble you will see what happened to the diverter (clapper). You may be able to replace just the needed parts and not the whole faucet assembly.

Mark Bower the owner of this site may be able to help you with parts. Here's a link http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order3.html

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?

There's no access panel, yet. This is a modular home. The plumbing wall backs to the outside accessed water heater closet. That will not be much fun to work around.
Greg

Well, the GOOD news is that since the backs up into a closet you dont have to be too fusy about what the access panel looks like, the bad news is that an access panel is the only way you can get to the back of the faucet. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Maureen

Hi Jase,

I thought I'd pipe in here with a girl opinion LOL!

That faucet is one that you need to replace totally! I've replace diverters in faucets, but never on a plastic faucet. If you're going to replace a tub faucet, do it correctly! Plastic faucets are just junk!

The water heater closet may not be any fun to work around, but that is the best way to go! I would also mention that when you install the new faucets, do yourself a favor and install shut off valves to the tubs/showers.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Mark
Site Admin

. . . . and we just happen to have a new faucet right here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/tuboffset.htm

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!