Shower Panels

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

LisaBoyer

Hello all...

Proud new owners of a 95 Skyline, that needs some help. I am a moderate DIY'r, with limited knowledge of power tools, so if you reply, be kind and talk slow!

The bathrooms need some work, starting with the panels that surround the tub/shower. The material of the panels is not the shiny fiberglass I see at the local store, it appears to have a texture, almost like fabric? My thought, was to paint. I have read about different types, most agree a good marine paint will work, if prepped with sandpaper and a very good primer. Has anyone tried this? Before I kill us with fumes, I hoped to hear others experiences with this.

Also, where does one go to replace the bathroom sink? Ours is plastic, and horribly stained. I would like to swap it out for a better grade, porcelain if possible. The size seems odd, is there a specific place to purchase from that deals with only MH's?

I'm sure as the projects come up, I will have lots more questions! Hoping to hear all sorts of suggestions :) Thanks,

Lisa B
Greg

They may be ABS plastic. You will find that there are lots of tricks when it comes to working with Mobile home sized parts. Many times that you can move a wall (sounds like a huge job but really isn't) and put a full size tub in and save money.

Lots of us here have done what you are doing so feel free to ask questions, that's why we are here.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."