Mold or stains?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

69Northland

We just bought this place in Oct and are getting ready to repair and paint. the bathroom stain is right under 2 roof vents. any ideas for resealing?

Bedroom is the question.its coming from floor upwards. the shelf in closet is being propped up by lumber. how should i handle this? thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

The ceiling looks to me like there was/has a small leak, easy to fix. go topside and check for anything that does not look quite right, cracks, rust etc.

The closet I would question. It's coming up. What is on the other side? Is it an outside wall or is there plumbing in the wall. I think I would carefully remove the panel and get a look. I'm not wild about the prop job holding things up either, I would want to take a closer look at that too. You do have an advantage since it is all in one area.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
69Northland

Spent last week cleaning and discovering. The stain on paneling was washed off with bleach. looks like something wet was stored against wall. the 2x4 is just holding up a loose shelf.

The Bathroom tile is wet due to a leaking rubber boot around the venting for the electric water heater compartment. its blackish and wet due to all the snow melt. I will dry that, spray it with Kilz or Zinsser(both sides) and re seal the vent with a rubberized Black Rustoleum product.
wildirishrose

Can you share with me the ratio of bleach to water? I have some of those stains also.