On the subject of belly's....

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

LisaBoyer

We had our wood burning stove removed, which included the pipe that ran into the floor, and chimney that is in the ceiling. We didn't removed the entire pipe into the floor, just the inner one, replacing the whole with a plug made special for stove pipes, a very tight fit.

Should I have someone crawl under the house to make sure the lining (belly) is intact and this operation left no holes? I was told it "shouldn't" have damaged anything, since the outerpipe is still there, just no longer venting anywhere. Since neither of us are crawling under the house, this would entail hiring someone and before I spend the money, I wanted to know if it was something I should be concerned with.
Greg

As with hiring anyone for anything, check them out and make sure they are honest and know what they are doing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

I'm not familiar with wood stoves but as long as the belly material was sealed to the vent pipe good and you plugged the vent pipe good you should be fine. Just so it's sealed up tight and air and insects or animals can't get in. Unless you want to take the vent pipe completely out and put insulation in and then re seal the belly material to make sure it is weather and animal proof.

As already mentioned if you are going to hire someone and can't get under the trailer yourself to check the work out be sure you find someone you can trust. This would be an area where it would be easy for someone to crawl under there and have a soda and crawl out and collect your money, especially knowing you will never check the work to know if anything was done or not.