fixing the edge of underbelly

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

markjhansen

while under my MH last week I noticed that some of the underbelly was pulling away from the edge of the MH. How do I attached this material back to the steel frame of the MH?
There is no water leakage, everything is dry.
Thanks.
Greg

You could try a wood strip along the edge.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

There should only be steel edges on the gables ends of the home. There I would rely on spray adhesive. Sta-put may be the best I have found but 3m HD-90 (green can) works well and is available in home stores. The Sta-put is available through Mark here at the Books & Parts link at the top of this page.

Spray both surfaces fully and let the glue dry a bit. Wait until it is tacky and won't stick to your finger when you touch the wettest spots. Be sure to spray out to the edge of the underbelly fully. Then press the surfaces together, putting pressure on every inch of the glued areas.

If there is no plumbing on this edge under the floor, I would secure the underbelly to the first place that you can nail into a floor joist. Furring strips work well for this. Some homes have joists running side to side of each chasis, some have the joists running length ways with the home (Doh!), so you have to figure out works best for your situation.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.