skirting

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

terrifromohio

I had skirting installed in August, they put a couple of vented panels at the end of the trailer but they look like they are blocked by another piece of skirting behind it, they did not put any other vented panels around the trailer or any other vents.
I am now having a huge moisture problem in the trailer, 75% moisture. Could this be causing all this moisture? They also did not vent the air conditioning line outside the trailer as it was before, it is laying under the trailer.
How many of these vented skirting panels should be around the a 14 by 70 mobile home to properly vent it?
Greg

You should have 1sq/ft of ventilation per 150sq/ft of floor space. That translates to a minimum of 6.5 sq ft. of ventilation for your home.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

You mention an a/c vent; do you mean the condensation drip line? That should go outside. Make sure the dryer vent is outside the skirting also.
Greg

Good catch, I forgot that part.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
terrifromohio

yes that is one problem, the condensation drip line is underneath the trailer, when they put the skirting on they did not vent it outside. I was not here as I has a family member in the hospital at the time. They also did not put any vents in the skirting whatsoever.
In my mind if they ever installed skirting before they should have known better. Now I am having a hard time trying to get them to come back and fix it and it is starting to get cold. They charged me 1500.00 to do 14 by 70 in vinyl which I thought was a little high.