allure vinyl ultra click plank flooring

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

HouseMedic

That is a good link calderhill,
I have fixed a few bad jobs from others installing laminate flooring. I was going to fix a full main floor almost 1400 sg. ft. one time and the customer was so PO'd at the origenal contractor that she had me take it all out and I put down pre-finnished 3/4" hardwood nailed down. I did not complain it was more work for me but she was out a pretty penny by the time everything was done. The origenal contractor fought her all the way and she gave up with him. Needless to say all of the problems were to close to the walls and door jams. The house was empty at the time and it must of had a least twenty speed bumps in the floor when I got their. Just make sure you leave expansion room and when you put on the base trim to nail it to the wall and not into the floor.

Ron
calderhill

I love pictures! Here is a closeup shot of proper wall spacing before I finish the shoe molding. Also a shot of the kitchen to living room transition as an example of what you can do. Practice, practice! Yep, HouseMedic, every once in awhile my molding nail heads downward and has to be repositioned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelworkersgal

Thank you calderhill for the pictures your floors are beautiful. JD the manufacturer got back with me yesterday afternoon and said to install up to the cabinets because it is a free floating floor. Thank you everyone for your responces. I appreciate all of your input.
You can do anything if you put your mind to
HouseMedic

calderhill,
Perfection, nice work and very good pictures.

steelworkersgal,
Make sure to take some pictures and let us know how you make out. Also have fun doing the job. It makes the reward even that much better when done.

Ron