Re-leveling - Edmonton, AB area

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

absolutgirl21

Hello All,

I am looking for someone who is in the area of Edmonton, AB to quote me on how much it would cost to re-level my double wide mobile home. This is the first mobile home that I have ever owned and do not even have a clue how to go about even finding someone to do this job. I have been underneath and have noticed that some of my wood pilings have collapsed a bit so I think that it needs to be fixed soon.

I hope that someone on here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

P.S. This website has been a great help for me ever since I have moved into my mobile home. Keep up the great work everyone :)
ponch37300

Do you have some friends that can help you relevel it yourself? It really is pretty easy to do and doesn't cost much to buy the jack and water level to have forever. There is a decent write up in the book this website sells.

If you don't want to do it yourself I would ask around for a good company. Do you live in a trailer park or have friends or neighbors that own trailers that you could ask if they know a good trailer company? Otherwise there should be a mobile home supply store somewhere you could call ans ask. Google is also pretty good at finding businesses in your area.
Greg

Hi & Welcome. Glad you found us. I have just the person to relevel your home.....YOU!! Since you are will to go down in the basement you already possess part of what you need to do the job.

I will tell straight up that we do not discriminate here, we have many members that are women and many of them have learned how to do things around the home. If you are willing to do the work, I don't think there is a job that we can't get you through.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
absolutgirl21

Thank you both for your repsonses. I have been talking to a couple of people and will probably try to level it myself (with help lol). Thanks again!!
Greg

There is a chapter in Mark's book (available in the site's store) that covers releveling your home if you want to do it yourself. There are other posts here on the subject as well, you could do a search on the subject.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

I bought a 20 ton jack from harbor freight for around 45 bucks. It's a chinese jack but gets the job done for the little I will use it. I believe that Canada's Princess auto is similar to harbor freight but not sure. This is the only major purchase you need to make. I also bought a water level from home depot, http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... reId=10051. It actually works really good with two people using it. Or you can make a simple one from a garden hose or buy one from this website.

Is your home on a concrete pad or dirt? Also, you will need to find some hardwood shims from somewhere.

It really isn't to bad to re level. Takes some time to get the measurements depending on what's under your trailer but nothing to bad. Then just adjust as needed. I bought Mark's book about 4 years ago and it has a pretty good write up in it on releveling. Also some good info if you search this site.

If you have any specific questions please ask them. Personally I would wait until spring unless there was some major issues because crawling around on the ground in below freezing weather isn't my idea of fun.
Jax

Absolutgirl21, just wondering if you ended up doing the re-leveling yourself or if you hired it out. I'm also in the Edmonton area, and don't have the confidence to re-level myself, but am also not having a lot of luck finding a company to do it for me.