ceilings are turning yellow again?why??we dont smoke either

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

aftonarrow

Hi,live in a metal on metal singlwide.We painted our ceilings about 5 months ago.We used kilz and paint over that.2 coats of kilz and 2 coats of paint.Our ceilings are turning yellow again.We dont smoke either what is causing this??Poor insulation in the attic?we have 7 foot flat ceilings.Is this mold?We are going to put a roof on the place when weather gets fit.Im about ready to tear out every damn thing and start from scratch.New 6 mil ,new sheetrock and R30 over that.Any help or ideas would be great.
Greg

Since you used 2 coats of sealer & 2 coats of paint I have my doubts that it is coming through from the back side. Is the whole ceiling turning yellow or just a few spot? I tend to think it may be something in the air. Have you tried cleaning a spot with a cleaner like 409?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

Was this yellow there when you purchased? If so it still could be bleeding thru if it was not cleaned very good first before priming. Or maybe, are you burning any candles? Also could be that your ceiling is getting cold and then a slight condensation forms and it is just the normal dust in the air that discolors it. I have seen that happen on exterior walls before. Is it all over evenly or is it just in lines like from the joist in the ceiling?

Ron