Leveling and foundation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Teatime

Sorry, me again! :D Before I do the skirting, I want to have the home releveled and a better foundation system done. I'm pretty sure the house needs re-leveled because some doors swing shut if they're opened part-way.

Also, this area had been in a major drought and now we've gotten TONS of rain (Central-West Texas, the pics have been on the news!). I don't think the house is WAY off but I still think it should be done.

The house is on concrete blocks and there are some concrete pads underneath. I'm looking at different systems that are supposedly "disaster-resistant." Most involve large steel piers that clamp onto the frame and can be adjusted easily to re-level the house.

Now, I know that nothing can totally "disaster-proof" a mobile home but I do want a good foundation. Suggestions, please?

Thanks!
Julie
JD
Site Admin

Hi Julie,

What you might be looking for is a seismic pier system. There are many manufacturers of these products and probably a system manufactured and made for your area. My company sells is the CP-Seismic Pier system which passes all code requirements for my area. In Texas where you live, you might want to look at the Maxi-Jack pier system, which has been approved for your area.
http://www.crpier.com/catalog/supports/a3.htm

There are also lateral support systems available to really beef up a home. Again, there are probably other suppliers you can contact that sell similar systems to get your best price.

Hope this helps,

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Teatime

Yes, that's it. Thanks, JD! Y'all have a good range of products. Can I call one of the California numbers for info or do y'all have representatives in Texas?

Julie
JD
Site Admin

I have only dealt with the Saramento office. I don't know which one would deal with a Texas sale. And again, try to find a local product to save on freight.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.