EverRock Installation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jwilliams

Hello, I'm planning to install the EverRock vinyl skirting for my mother and was planning to build a frame with 4x4 bottom rails and 2x4 top rails / vertical framing. After reading some on the topic of frost heave, I wanted to see if anyone could give some guidance on securing the frame to the mobile home so frost heave won't damage anything. I live in southern WV so the frost heave isn't very severe. Any information anyone can give would be appreciated.
JD
Site Admin

As I understand it, the most suggested method is to allow the bottom of the EverRock skirting allow for frost heave. The top of the skirting panels and the vertical framing is attached hard to the home. The bottom of the skirting would go into a small trench filled with pea gravel, so as the earth moves up from frost heave, the pea gravel will spread allowing the bottom of the panel to stay in place.With this method, there would be no bottom rail. Typically, the vertical framing can be "toenailed" direct to the rim joist.

Hopefully, someone who has installed this product in a cold region will reply.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

A quick google on Everrock Installation revealed this website.

http://www.Charltonbuildingsupply.com/S ... stall.html

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
jwilliams

Thank you for your suggestions.