Is anyone familiar with...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

Craftsman Manufactured Home Inc circa 1986? I presume they are long out of business by now.
I am trying to find as much data about our home as possible.

At first I thought it had been re-sided with BLUE vinyl, but I just found another house identical to ours on the next street over with the same lumpy looking siding.
Ours has the original RED, HUD label in the siding with original rivets in it.

I am wondering why some of the vinyl strip sections never made it to the next stud for nailing. Could a company be that sloppy?

Just wondering is all.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Mark
Site Admin

Yep, probably just sloppy work. Some companies had little quality control on the assembly line.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Maureen

Hi Lorne,

Sorry your siding has gone lumpy on you! Craftsman is still in business out West here. Actually they are making some of the best homes in this area right now.

Twenty years ago, there wasn't much quality control when creating our homes, as Mark stated. Not to mention the quality of siding that they used back then might be the problem also.

Our homes are made on the cheap compared to stick builts. That's just a fact of life. Most older homes do take some work to bring them up to a certain standard. One case in point, even new homes built today use particle board sub flooring! There's nothing worse!

It's just the nature of the beast!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'