Need advice on updating from propane to natural gas

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

doc

:?: I have purchased a mobile home with a stove, home is set up for propane. Only natural gas is available. What are my alternatives to most cost effectively get this stove up and cooking. :) My savings is getting low and can't afford to spend much. Any advice is appreciated.
doc

Okay, that answer helps, now how do I convert the mobile home itself from propane to gas, or is this not necessary? Thanks! By the way, I just posted this question on the wikepedia, but would like as much advice as possible.
Brenda (OH)

you may want to call the natural gas provider, for an overview of what they want done to help you plan. there may be an inspection step after the plumbing work and before they come out to install a meter...

and insist the plumber does a leak check before you have the utility company come out, I did not realize that the plumber had not done one, and it cost me $150 because the utility company found a small leak, and tagged the line, and they had to come back a second time, before I was allowed to have the meter back on. a leak check would have let it be only one trip.

on the MH end, everything that runs off the propane has a part or two that gets changed out, the supply pipe might have to be changed to meet local codes etc and some fittings. I did not do the work, I was the one writing the check on this repair...

Brenda
Robert

Hi,

The above link was not a thorough or complete answer and has been deleted.

This is not a hard task IF you are well versed in the steps to take.

By asking these questions, it is best and safest to call a Tech to do this properly.

DIY gas and electrical tasks are not advisable in most instances due to the unforgieness if a mistake is made.

The money saved for DIY is not worth a injury or death to yourself, a family member, friend or neighbor.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?