3 season room

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Anyone know how much it costs roughly to get a 3 season room put onto the mobile home? I already have a long awning roof over my porch area (about 25 feet long or so) I was looking at durabilt but they dont have prices on their site.
Thanks for the help
Greg

That is about as hard to answer as "how high is high?" There are MANY factors that enter in, what type of foundation do you have & your location are the two big ones. It is almost impossible to keep an addition sealed without a full foundation under BOTH sections.
I am sure others will add to this. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I quit building the pre-fabs many years ago. Just had too many problems with them. But I think they ended up about $50 a LF. These were the ones with the windows built into the wall panels and they all went into a channel frame. They had either corrugated cardboard or injected polyiso foam insulation.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Lorne

I would think that a "Substantial" structure would be expensive.

Our house had a 12 X28 foor all season porch built onto it around the time the house was built. The original owner was a carpenter.
It is not a porch that would blow away in a hurricane though. All wood with heavy roof, 8 Double hung windows [real, all wood type] with T111 1/2 inch siding and insulated with a door at either end, a sliding glass door and a washer room door.

I would estimate that today it would cost at least $10-$15K and as high as $70. Even the aluminum type today are pretty expensive, but it depends how fancy it is.
GOOGLE for more ideas.

If you are in high wind areas then it will be expensive. It has to be strong.

Try to get an estimate from a local company to give you a ball park figure. It's worth checking out.

We almost live all year in ours. This is where the TV is.

If you can swing the money I would say it will add a lot to the resale value of your home.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
JD
Site Admin

I had read the post as a Durabilt under an aluminum awning on a porch. I was thinking dwj was looking for the pre-fabbed walls. A fully insulated stickbuilt wall would have major condensation problems. Even the "patio room" prefab walls with venting can have a problem at certain times of the year.

I have seen people try to insulate aluminum awnings from underneath with batt and foamboard insulation. I have never seen this work. They always ended up with condensation problems. There are insulated roofs panels that can be put above the awning, if you have enough clearance where the awning meets the main coach. There are also panels that you can replace the awning panels with that are made with the roof surface on the top and a ceiling surface on the bottom. The panels are injected with polyiso foam. These work great and look beautiful, but the ones I can get are over $5 per SF. VERY expensive material. The panels are light enough to work with the standard awning hanger. The rest of the awning would come down and the roof panels would be supported by the pre-fabbed walls.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.