heat and a/c still not working, heating elements work

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi Jason,

Did you order a wiring diagram ? It has been very busy with Mark and crew at the office, so if so, he is behind on those.

They're in a winter storm right now also.

The voltage shouldn't jump around alot at transformer.

Get alligator clips for your meter and test voltage at each relay.

The transformer voltage should be from LOAD side and be 24-28VAC.

LINE side = 120VAC.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
spdrcr

i didnt order one but i inquired about if they had it. havent recieved an e-mail. that sucks about the winter storm, hope everyone makes it ok...

the voltage jumps around on the 24V side when the relays chatter. I measured between relays and transformer on the terminal board.
Robert

LOL, I'm so busy and we been at this so long, done forgot your model number.

Give it again and I'll tell you if it's there.

BTW, you order it and if by rare chance we don't have it, your card is credited immediately.

As busy as they stay in the office (small business with huge customer base), doubtful you'll get a reply unless ordered.

They're used to the winter storms, but it snarls shipments and backlogs them.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
spdrcr

fully understand.... i'll order now...

model 3500-a812
Robert

Yep, they have it and so do I, LOL.

They are usually behind a day with getting those out, but if ordered, it will come as quickly as they can get it out.

Thanks,
Robert
spdrcr

ordered, yesterday...........
spdrcr

got my diagram today, and sadly everything is in the right place... same symptoms... i am at a loss.. any suggestions, oh and BTW, my neitherof my HVAC guys will return my calls.... go figure, guess they doesnt know either... lol.

thanks,
Jason
Robert

Hi Jason,

I'll go back and reread everything and see if my overloaded mind can think of something.

I don't remember what all has been done, so let me look back and see what I can possibly do.

Did you use alligator clips like I suggested to get voltage readings ?

Thanks,
Robert
spdrcr

yes i did read the voltage at the blower relay control side, when i turn the fan switch to ON the voltage just jumps around as the blower relay chatters... no way to get an accurate reading.

if i remove the 2 control wires and jump 24 volts straight to the blower relay from the terminal board i get the same symptoms.

if i remove the 4 high voltage wires from the blower relay, then turn the fan switch to ON or jump 24 volts straight to the blower relay then it clicks (as it should) then when i turn the fan switch to auto or remove powerfrom the blower relay, it clicks again (as it should again).

thanks,
Jason
spdrcr

HEAT IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! Thanks for all of your help!!

there was a wire that came out of the plug to where it barely made contact, the wire supplied one leg of the high voltage to the transformer.... this is one to right down...

again, thanks alot for your time!!!
spdrcr

one other quick question.... what should my anticipator be set on?
Robert

Hi Jason,

That's great. Yep, that will give enough voltage to half way close the relays, but not completely and so it just jumps back and forth creating the chatter.

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert