Added AC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DaveWillis

I'm not sure on the transformer,I think 120 on one side and 24 on the other side.Wires connected with wire nuts.No parts added for ac.
DaveWillis

Wire nuts
120 on one side 24 on the other
No parts added for ac at furnace
Robert

The transformer should be 240 Primary and 24 Secondary. If you look on sticker, it will also show a VA rating.

Probably not enough for a/c.

Ok, can you get a bright light tomorrow and get Model Number off the top of the compressor inside outside Condenser unit ?

Big black domed shape unit in bottom with refrigeration pipes connected to it.

Need that to get correct blower motor.

On the control box, you can buy the components and find a place to mount them in or near furnace controls.

At t-stst, is it wired red to R, RH or RC, yellow to Y, white to W and green to G ?

IF there is a RH and RC, is there a jumper between them ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Does the blower housing have a model number on it ?

Where the wires come into furnace, you should have a rectangular box where the controls are at (transformer, etc...)

Or are they just mounted on a back wall ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Or do you have a control box mounted on a bar across front/top of blower housing or mounted to blower housing ?

How many wires were there at t-stat before you replaced with the 4 wire ?

What I'm needing to know is was there a 2 wire t-stat and a control box with the 2 rocker switches on front before you replaced with the 4 wire.

With it being heat only, it should have had that unless it came wired for a/c.

Will be heading back to safer home tonight, but have laptop there to check in.

Thanks,
Robert
DaveWillis

va on transformer is 10
t-stat wired red to rh with jumper from rh to rc,yellow to y,white to w,green to g

Thanks.
Dave
Last edited by DaveWillis on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaveWillis

model # on compressor 38CKMO36310 and is carrier
There was a 2 wire t-stat that I replaced with the 4 wire
Have a safe trip home

Thanks,

Dave
DaveWillis

controls mounted on blower housing at the bottom,There is a box like enclosure with a cover that can be removed to get to the controls.
I could see 2 #'s on the compressor,I'll give you both of them because I don't know which one is the model #.
AW209ET-035
G.C2293C 159217 AW5532G
Hope these help
The # in the previous post was on outside of the unit,these are from the compressor inside.

Thanks

Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Weather is great today. Tornadoes often form across Mississippi River and cross over into Tennessee. When they cross at a certain point often, it is within a couple miles from my backyard and SW home.

We bought a DW on other side of County away from this and that is where we stay when weather turns bad until we hopefully get completely moved in.

Anyway, will look ALL posts over and see if any added info is needed, I think that this is enough, just not sure until I compile it all.

Wiring up is easy for me once I know what is there now and what was there and what has been changed.

It would blow your mind if I was there and you seen how quick it is.

Unfortunately, most Techs don't understand MH units though.

Should be back on in 2-3 hours max.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi Dave,

Well, finally back on here. All we have here for now is dial up unlike the dsl at main office in other home.

Lost my phone connection and it took until now to get back online.

Going now to read everything and take notes to see where you're /we're at.

Sorry for another delay, when it rains,it pours sometimes I guess.

Thanks,
Robert
DaveWillis

I don't know if this will help,but on the housing it states only controll package 3500-5821 and 3500-5841 may be used with this furnace and condenser
only blower package 3500-690 may be used with this furnace and condenser

Thanks,

Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Have rigged it enough to send this one reply for now. Have bought needed supplies to fix pc problem here with laptop.

I WILL have your answer posted tonight.

Thanks for your patience.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Robert

Hi Dave,

Ok, will find out tomorrow about availability and prices on all items.

For now though, do you want to go with an a/c control box, wiring connections using molex plug connectors (we sell the parts, you put harness together).

OR

Buy just the needed parts, locate safe place to mount/install them and wire with wire nuts and electrical tape.

SOME local codes and insurance companies require the boxes and molex plugs.

Also, the wire nuts/tape can over time come loose and it is not as neat.

However, with the blower assembly needed also, could get pricey.

Also, can you unwire the t-stat for now and get back to original wiring as possible, minus the old t-stat ?

Do you have a legible wiring diagram for the furnace heat side ?

Have all info and as soon as I get availability and cost of parts, will be good to go.

Will send some good articles for cleaning and maintaining your a/c in a few also.

Is your A/C A-Coil installed ABOVE the blower and atop the furnace ?

If so, have you installed the drain line yet ?

If so, did you put a trap in the line as close to A-Coil as possible ?

If not, you can be planning on that. Use 3/4" CPVC for the drain line.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Articles on cleaning your a/c and cleaning your blower motor:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

Also, can you cut the jumper or remove it at t-stat RH to RC if need be ?

Do you have an email address I can send some pics to of components ?

Easier in email than on forum and will help out in deciding what to get.

You can send the email address to robert@mobilehomerepair.com to keep it off here if you like and have one.

Thanks,
Robert
DaveWillis

I sent you a email

Thanks,

Dave