underbelly nightmare!!!!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

justapoolman

hmmm...lots of good information, however, I have a rather unique situation. I live in central Arkansas in a park, since I have retired the tenants in the park have all found out that I can swing a hammer and repair almost anything...with that said, I do most of the maintinance here.
We just had the park flood from hurricane Gustov and nearly every trailer in the park has all of the belly material and the insulation under them full of water and ruined. Also all of the heat and air vents were full of water. I am now in the process of completely removing all of the old underbelly material and insulation from each one and replacing everything. My plan is to use R-19 paper backed insulation between each floor joice and then use stainless steel roofing nails at various places along the joices.From there I am going to use mason line to tie off at the roofing nails to hold up the insulation. I bought the replacement belly material from mobilehomerepair.com and using 10' X 16' strips I am going to use strips of wood and fold the material around the wood and nail it to the base board on each side under the skirting and stretch it tight.From there I am going to overlap each 10' piece 6-8" and tape the seams.After I get the whole trailer done I am going to replace all the existing skirting.
I need to know if my plan will work...so any comments would be appreciated.