Kitchen Floor Lump

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

J. Mc

Sorry, I thought I had replied already!

There wasn't any dripping water that I know of. (Aside from a leaky faucet for a couple weeks in the summer, till it was replaced.) Apparently the drain had probably gotten a partial clog in the line which then caused water to sit long enough to freeze.
We will be starting on getting some new flooring picked out soon. Right now my parents are figuring out if this was covered under the homeowners insurance, the insurance said because we knew about the lump for a few weeks and didn't call them right away when it "happened" they won't cover it. Of course had we known a slight uneven spot in the floor was from a leak we would have had something done long ago. Anyways once that's sorted out we will be getting someone to do the repairs and I will get some pictures of the process and the finished floor to post in the album.
Thanks again guys :)
Yanita

Hi,

I did not mean to sound like you did not reply...what i asked was did you leave water dripping at any time in the winter to possibly prevent frozen water lines. If so this could be the results of that. Then I said IF you did read the article in our Articles link.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Just a thought on insurance claims. If you are going to do the work yourself, weigh the cost of the repair against the increase in insurance costs since you put in a claim, remember that insirance compaines seldom loose money in the long run.

Sometimes it's just cheaper to pay for it yourself and save the claim for "the big one"!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."