Motor | Coleman Presidential III Model # 7970A856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi,

If you want to learn hvac, this is not the place. The motor may or may not work, but it will definitely not work correctly and will eventually not work at all.

Motors are not all the same, some use run caps, others do not.

The motor and shaft should not be hot to the touch and neither should the wires.

You would be better off to find a reputable and knowledgeable hvac tech to resolve your issues before costing yourself unneeded $$$$$.

I gave you the info on what was best for your furnace, that is all I can do and you have to decide from there on what to do next.

If it helps any, I am in my 31st year of hvac service and repair.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Vlaj

Hi Robert.

It appears I am stuck with this motor now. The tech guy said he could not replace as an exchange.

I am thinking I may just eat the cost, order the other motor and do this myself.

What would I need to add to give it the capability to run a 2 speed motor?

I do see a Transformer Relay Controller with 2 numbers on it:

8A94-2 I think can be used for single-or two speed fan. Is this correct?
Relay/Transformer (Fan Control Center, 120 VAC Primary 24 VAC Secondary SPDT Relay)
and
S84A-83
Transformer–Class 2 Heating/Cooling Low Voltage Control 40VA

The S84A-83 has 5 terminals with stamped letters Y, W, G, C, R. It appears this is where the wires from the A/C unit and Thermostat hook up to.

Here is the wire connection:

From A/C - Blue & White to C, Red to R, Green to Y
From Thermostat - Green to G, Blue to Y, Red & White to Blend Air Control 7680-50
Other wires not sure where they are from: Gray to C, Red to R
Robert

Hi,

Someone has way over complicated your system from and electrical standpoint.

If you want me to try and decipher through this and determine what you have and need, then first you will need to go here and pay my $20 troubleshooting fee:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

That covers 1 hour of private email time. Will also need to know brand, type and model number of a/c condenser.

Also, if you can take any pics of all this, wiring, controls, blower hookups, condenser wiring and send it would help a lot.

email to robert@mobilehomerepair.com

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?