Outside units stops, inside unit doesn't

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi,

Yes it needs to be cleaned every year. Brush up and down, not across.

Can't say if there is any liquid getting back to compressor or not and no there is nothing to prevent it.

IF t-stat is set to auto, inside blower and outside condenser should come on and off together.

May be a good idea to call an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Bane01

No Coleman dealers in my area. Any ideas how to find someone who knows these units in my area? zip code = 28033. Coleman customer service gave me the phone #s for distributors in Charlotte and I'll try them. Or does it really matter? It sounds like we have a mystery on our hands.

Also, is it customary for a tech to charge for a call each time they come out - even if they can't diagnose the problem? Don't mind paying, but if it isn't acting up when he gets there i hate to keep paying ~ $100 / visit for basically nothing.
Robert

Hi,

Don't have any info about local hvac techs in that area. Any good knowledgeable hvac tech should be able to resolve the issue. From what you've stated, I don't believe there is much of a problem IF you get an hvac tech that is experienced and knows what he/she is doing.

Yes, every time they come out, you'll be charged, which is a good reason to find a good hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Bane01

talked to a tech at a coleman distributor. he recommended a service tech to me. when i described the problem he asked if there was a high pressure switch in the outside unit. i don't have a diagram that shows that part of it. would you know if there is one?
Robert

What is the model number of outside heat pump condensing unit ?

Thanks,
Robert