washers for water supply

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Stratman_69

THAT'S the final piece of the puzzle JD! You rock! :D

Now, I just had a thought...wouldn't it be ironic (and just my luck since I already cut everything off) if the washer inside of the new supply line was the ONLY ONE to fit and solve my original problem??? :roll: :shock: :roll:

I think my head might explode if this was the case! :lol:

Seriously though, thank you guys SO MUCH...I really appreciate all the help!
Greg

Sometimes it's best to leave questions like that unanswered, you may not like it!!!

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Stratman_69

Hey guys,

So replaced the shut-off valves and the water supply connections to the hot and cold with the Brasscraft products JD recommend. Had a bit of a leak on the COLD shut-off but that was fixed by tightening a bit more.

However, now my faucet drips when I shut the cold water off at the faucet. If I close the shut-off valve it doesn't leak and it it is not leaking anywhere else. Just dripping at the faucet, which of course, it didn't do before. Now what??? :roll:
Stratman_69

Well,

Bought a new faucet and it solved that problem. It was about 6 years old and used daily so I think the valve was shot. Thanks for all the help again guys! :)
JD
Site Admin

Yeah, it was probably time to fix or change that faucet. Good luck on your next project!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.