Belly Mending Tape

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Irishgirl

In the process of removing the insulation in the belly. It was so infested with mice droppings,mice skeletons, squirrel debris we tried to just vacumn and clean it up, we
decided to start fresh, Yes, it is quite a job, but will be well worth it when done.

We bought belly flex tape for mending , it is self adhesive , just to clean the area and apply.

Question is: Can we apply the tape from the inside or does it have to be applied from underneath?

Thanks
Greg

Either side should work, Just make sure it is clean, And a little heat (heat gun or hair drier) will make a big difference.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Actually, the tape should be on the bottom. Gravity is trying to pull the pieces apart and it is much easier to hold the sides together than hold one side up. If it warm and sunny, setting the tape out for a little while makes it stick better. In cool or cold weather I would recommend using a heat gun on it. This makes the stuff stick real well. It is important to put pressure on the tape, which can be difficult with poly underbellies. I rely on spray adhesive and mechanical fastening, myself.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
ponch37300

JD, what mechanical fasteners do you use for belly tape? I have a few places that were cut for water leak repair that I have taped up with belly mend tape but some spots don't seem to take to well. I've cleaned the area good, taped it and used a hair dryer to try and get it to stick but it seems like each year when I'm under there for something that I see a piece of tape partially coming down. I bought a good heat gun this year so maybe more heat will help? Maybe using some 3M spray adhesive like you say will help? Just can't picture a mechanical fastener that will work?

Thanks
StanD

Where can one get this tape?
Greg

Mark has it in the site's store (Books & parts) , or check with a mobile home supply store.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."