WHO WOULD REPAIR THIS?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

wunjott2be

Hi I have a 1985 mh -I bought it repared an in pretty good shape 9 years ago --but-- it had a cut out doorway I guess to add a closet or new room .Well I never had it repaired- just had wood panels outside and plastic inside but now I want to get this repaired .What type company would I call-carpenter? drywall? please help. Thank you
Greg

Most repairs of that type are fairly simple. Reframe it and cover it with sheetrock or paneling.

If you can use a saw, and can read a tape measure there really is no reason that you can't do the work. Other wise any handyman could handle it.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Not sure what the resources are in your area, but a reputable mobile home contractor would usually be the best bet. A general contractor that works on houses could do the work, but a lot of times it will cost you more and many GCs won't work on mobile homes. A sheetrock contractor may be a better bet than a GC, but they usually won't do anything but sheetrock. In my area, all of the guys listed under mobile home repair, including myself, do all of this type of work. We also know to be a lot more careful about cutting into wire and plumbing, because we have been working in mobile homes for while. We are used to doing the demo, rock, texture and paint as a single contracted job.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.