Washing Machine Shakes Floor

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

archive

Hi everyone,

Does your washing machine shake the whole house when on the spin cycle? Finally we've found a product which will minimize that shake. Just put a set of our absorption pads underneath each leg of the washing machine. The pads are tough and durable and come with a lifetime warranty. At $17.95, definitely cheaper than repairing the floor or replacing broken or spilled items shook off the shelves! The rubber grips mean they won't walk.

Mark
archive

Hi Mark,

What a great product!!! I'm sure that a lot of folks will really appreciate it!

We'll all pass on the info when asked questions about the shake, rattle and roll of washing machines!

Maureen 8-)
archive

I have a front loading machine that rocks and rolls! I will definitely try these. Thanks for pointing them out.
archive

Mark,
What materials are these constructed of?
I've read the rubber/cork/rubber don't work too well...
archive

Hi Guest

My wife had to buy the biggest washer Sears makes...and yep it vibrates some.

I have not tryed these pads yet but I will soon.

Rubber is a very common vibration/pulsation dampner....for many years.

Harry
archive

Anybody try these yet?
I wonder why Mark won't answer the question of what they are constructed of?
Thanks
archive

Hi,

Not sure that Mark saw the post asking what these pads are made of....

Looking at the pic from the link he left looks like some form of rubber and another type of material. Do not know for sure but will certainly find out.

Sometimes when a question goes unanswered it is helpful to post another question.

~Yanita~

Yup, just looked at the pads in the parts link, outer material is made of rubber, also includes the size of the pads.
archive

Um. Is Mark saying that these pads can be used instead of the floor-strengthening described in the mobile home repair manual?

Asking because that's my next project, the laundry area floor.

Nicky T
archive

Hi,

LOL, I do not think he implied that at all.

If the floor area is weak, spongy seen water damage in the past, then it would or at least should be replaced. Some washing machines simply shake due to weak floors. If your home has the partical board flooring water damaged or not the have a tendency to start to sag...what he recommends in the manuel would surely apply to that.

Have a great day.

~Yanita~
archive

Very clever idea!:-)
archive

Hi Nicky,

These pads are an alternative to the project listed in the Manual for solving the washer shakes.

They are supposed to be the best thing going and work in all situations.

Mark had done the floor project in his home and it worked well.

Then he and Lise got the appliances that are up on legs/stands and the shakes returned somewhat.

These pads are supposed to cure that as well.

Mark was going to install them last week, I'll see if he got them in.

So with that said, I believe I would go the easiest and cheapest route and if needed after that, do the other as well.

Yanita is right in it all will be a mute point if the floors are damaged/soft/spongey in any way.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
archive

I await to hear some actual reports..God Bless You..Kim
archive

We have one of those high-e front loading washers. It is GREAT on the water bill, but it does shake much more than the standard washer. I ordered and installed these pads a week or so ago. They made the front loader shake even worse. Maybe they work better with a regular washer. With that said, Mark was very very quick and friendly with the refund of these when I returned them. Thanks Mark, great customer service!
archive

Thanks for the comments. My laundry area is in the bathroom. I got rid of the old appliances and just ripped up the ancient carpeting covering that area, to find plywood that's black with water stains where the washer stood. The other part of the bathroom floor is also plywood. The joint is level by the door but 1/2" out at the other end.

Aren't our homes fun.

:) Nicky T
archive

I curious ... did you re-level the washer after installing the pads? The idea of these seems like a good one, but I'm thinking that the surface area on the top may need to be distributed better than by having the (small) feet of the washer directly on the pad. A square of plywood, acrylic or something like that (I have some synthetic wood flooring left over) on the top of the pad would accomplish this.

I don't know ... it would be nice to hear from some more folks that have actually tried to do this. My appliance store never heard of using pads before.

moondog52