Ceiling Panels replacements.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dcamack

I own a vintage 1974 Homette and I was wondering if they still made or can you find the 4ft. wide ceiling panels that run the with of the home at around 12ft. Some water damage(repaired) caused some bowing of the panels, and I wass told that drywall replacement would be too heavy and could also crack. Please tell me what can be done. Thanks in advance.
JD
Site Admin

The original mobile home ceiling panels have been out of production for many years. Even when you could still get them from Mannington, they made the last production style, which did match the many other styles in surface texture.

There are similar panels available called Okalux ceiling panels. The link below is to a local supplier here in California. They are not a nationwide supplier. You can put Okalux in your search engine and come up with suppliers for different areas of the country. Maybe one of them can supply your area.

http://www.crpier.com/catalog/skirting/j1.htm

There is nothing but a picture at this page and it is a bit confusing. Also, the only link, the install instructions, does not work. The panels are 48" wide and the strips are 1-1/4" wide. They look very similar to the original panels but the plastic splines are on the surface and not embedded.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Manitoba Bill

You might find instructions that would work here at Okaply.

http://www.okaply.com/ceilingsystems.php#df

Maybe print the instruction window.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Greg

Hi & welcome to the family. If the trusses are in good shape you should be fine using 3/8" sheetrock to replace the panels. The down side is that you have to do the whole room, Plus the fact that it is sheetrock (I hate working with it) and you will have to deal with the dust when you seem it. It may however be the best choice for you. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."