Bad Condensor Fan? Evcon EB20

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

alphawolf4045

Good morning! I have a Coleman Evcon EB20B Serial No. 980999009. I awoke this morning to a warm house and what I first thought was the blower cage sounding like it was trying to take flight.

When I removed the cover, the evaporator coils were frozen and I immediately thought of a dead blower motor and/or squirrel cage.

After removing a few panels to investigate further, I discovered that the blower motor and cage are OK.

When I start the unit, the blower runs normally (albeit not very forcefully). I can hear a gurgling sound in the tubing so I assume that the compressor outside is functioning OK (have not tested yet as it is still dark). The condensor fan, however, is not running. Bad condensor fan? Capacitor? Any help/advice you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. Thanks for the site - I have used it in the past to troubleshoot other A/C problems, specifically the Deluxe Blend Air II, and your site resolved the problem quickly for me.

I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks - Brian
alphawolf4045

The problem has now been corrected - thanks anyway.

Brian
Yanita

Hi, Welcome to the site!

In case you missed it we have an HVAC (Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning)forum specifically designed to answer repair/trouble shooting questions.

Look forward to helping you in the future. Glad you got your problem fixed!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Brian,

Glad it is taken care of. What was the problem with it ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?