3 handle tub faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a 3 handle tub/shower faucet. Hot-diverter-cold) besides from an online source. I would like to get one asap if possible and was wondering if lowes or home depot had one that would work. I know they will all fit but the problem seems to be in the installation. MOst of the mobile home faucets need to have the threaded cover lates to hold the faucet to the wall from the front.
Thanks for the help.
Greg

You can make an access panel (you will need one anyway) large enough to add a 2x support to mount the new faucet / deverter to. Most any home center has a faucet that would work then. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mrfixit64857

Yes. To expand on what greg said a bit, you can mount a section of 2x or even 1x stock with it's broad face backing your shower valves, plus one at the head as well for more stability. Simply mount the tubing to the supports with plumbers strapping and screws.
The last 3-handle set I bought was at LOWES, I do believe, but as greg said, you can pick your favorite single faucets and "build" your own setup if you've a mind to!
troyster

I don't know whats available in your area but around here its impossible to find the old 2 handle + diverter tap systems that are 8 inch from tap to tap centers. lots of 6 inch center to center taps. The only place i found the older style taps was online for 200-500 bucks. They call them retro taps but don't give you a retro price. I converted my neighbours tap from the old style 3 handle system to the modern 1 handle system. lots of money to convert but she had no choice as they didn't sell the faucet cartridges anymore.