Washer leveling

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Furball

I have a Kenmore 110.26702690 washer. I can see that it sits out of level, but the problem is that is in not level side to side rather than front to back. The left side is down farther than the right. When I put a level on it left to right, the bubble is almost entirely in the right side of the level. The washer has automatic levelers on the back, where you pull up the back of the washer and it levels itself. But the front ones are not automatic. Is there a way to level this? Do automatic levelers adjust? I have the instruction book but it doesn't say anything about how to level side to side.
JD
Site Admin

Hi Furball,

Usually you lean the washer forward, taking the back end off of the floor, and it will "self level" when you put the washer back in place. But I think the leveler works as a single unit or may be out of it's adjustment range.

It may be better to put a piece of plywood the right thickness under the low side to get it evened up (or a total floor repair, your choice). You want something wide enough to withstand the "out of balance" dance.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Manitoba Bill

Nearly all washers come with adjustable front legs.

Support the front with a piece of wood. Use a wrench to loosen the lock nut, unscrew the leg to adjust and re-tighten the lock nut.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]