No electric heat continued.

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

Robert was right.
The unit DID have a bad sequencer. Once replaced the heat worked fine.

The bad news is that I broke down, called a HVAC company [One Hour] and ordered a New Goodman 3 ton SEER 13 Heat Pump w/ electric back up heat strips.

Come to find out that the air return duck is too small for the size of blower, so there is restriction in air flow.

We got credit for our 2 year old A/C unit which was only a SEER 10.

The original heating system from 20 years ago was removed by a previous owner, which left and empty pantry size space. The new unit will be ducted to this floor area to utilize the larger air return duck opening. It will double the volume of air through the system.

Along with a complete duct cleaning and video camera inspection of the inside of all the duct work, they will re-route ducting, install new Digital-Programmable Stat and concrete pad for the Packaged Unit.

Got one year before we have to pay it off, plus $2000 discount. Total $6000 and change.

The savings should be near 40-60% over the original electric costs.

I know the "Original" pricing stuff is inflated, but for all the work thats required it seemed worth while.

Happy Turkey Day and Merry [Christmas] Holiday to everyone on the forum.

I tell everyone about this web site, because it is so professional, helpful and civil.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Yanita

Hi,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

Thanks for informing others of this site, lots of real good people here.

I recently had our ancient original heating and AC system removed as well. We went with a Goodman product, a gas pack. We had a manual J and D done before the unit was installed.

FYI, you maybe able to get a tax rebate if your unit qualifies, I believe up to $300.00.

You will enjoy your unit, not having the sound in your home and hopefully reducing your utilities bills, I know mine were less in the AC this past summer, hoping the same for the heat.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!