Clunk noise before heater runs

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

maria

Hello everyone, I finally found a good forum for mobile homes! I've found real interesting stuff on here. I'm a new mobile home owner and really want to ask around first before I call in any type of service comp.

My concern is with the heater unit. I hear a sort of loud cluck (knock) noise before the heater turns on. It only happens when it initially turns on though. We hear the clunk at the same time the heater turns on or it clunks then a second later it the heat is on.

Any ideas?
Greg

Hi & welcome. Can you give us a little more information. What type of furnace, Gas / oil? Manufacturer? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
maria

I believe it's an electric furnace. Manfacturer Interherm
Yanita

Hi Maria,

Remove the vented panel in front of your furnace. There is a metal data plate that has the make/model #. The techs will need this info.

Reading the posting tips for this forum will help you greatly getting all the info you need at one time and posting it. This time of year the techs are very busy and having all info helps them answer your questions in a more timely fashion.

Glad you find the site informative. Look forward to helping you again in the future.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

May just be the closing of the sequencer or contactor to initiate heat cycle.

Could also be a blower motor bracket or wheel, but since it is at beginning, more likely the sequencer or contactor.

You could remove front door panels and turn on at t-stat to see if you can narrow down location.

Just run long enough to hear it, then turn off, not good to run without the door panels.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?