Coleman Presidential 7670, very little heat/short cycles

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

TucsonDave

Hello, I rent a Mobil Home with the Coleman Presidential 7670 Gas heater. I get very little heat flow from the registers closest to the heater and no heat from the registers at the far end of the trailor.

When the heater does come on, it only runs about a minute or two and then not again for about 30 minutes. Most of the heat feels like it is going out the chimney. The squirrel does run and since I don't own the furnace I haven't taken anything apart to see if both (if it has two) coils are heating up.

It seems to run okay, no odd noises. How can I get more heat to flow through the ducts? Is there any basic upkeeps I can do to make it work better?

Thank you,

Dave
Robert

Are you getting plenty of airflow, just not warm enough or are you getting little to no airflow.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
TucsonDave

Robert, thank you for the reply, hope you had a good weekend. I spent mine doing Algebra finals homework. Algebra at 52 years old make furnace problems seem small.

I get plenty of heat and air flow in the closest vent (double wide) on the side of the home that has the furnace. I blocked the vent that sits in our spare bedroom - thats the closest heater on the non-furnace side of the home. It has two computers and many other electronic's in it so that room needs no heat.

The next room on the non furnace side is the main bathroom, with the first vent blocked in the duct work; it gets a fair amount of heat and air. Last year with the first vent open it got almost no heat or air flow.

After inspecting the duct work this weekend I think most of my problem with no heat or airflow beyond the half way point of the home is no/little insulation and damage to the duct work.

Is it normal for a lot of heat to be going up the Chimney? Looks like now that it's a little colder this week; the heater is kicking on more and running fairly normal. I think the duct work cools off too fast before the next cycle, hense little air and no heat. Not a big deal>

8) Thanks for the reply, wish I could use that heat going out the chimney LOL.

Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

The only thing going up chimney should be the heated flue gasses.

If the ductwork is damaged or the belly is torn or has inadequate insulation, you will lose alot of heated air before it reaches the registers.

Be sure to check your cross-over duct(s) underneath home for kinks, blockages, damage or being loose.

Sometimes you have to place a makeshift air damper in the duct to detour the air to keep all from coming out one register.

Not good to close off registers, could create more problems later on.

It is sometimes trial and error to get airflow correct in a MH.

BTW, wouldn't care for Algebra again, had enough in high school and some college years ago along with Geometry.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?