Roofing

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buffee

what is the life of a new roof on a mobile home? Providing it was a good roof and put on properly. How long should it last? thank u.
Yanita

Hi Buffee,

Welcome to the site.

Just checked you profile to get some info about your home...hmmm, when you got a minute could you complete one for us.

Anyways, is this a new home, shingled, aluminium roof. Is your home a single/double wide?

Or is this an older home with a new roof installed?

Happy holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Buffee, not sure what you are seeing on your monitor, but you do have a profile started. Click on your name...

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
buffee

Mobilehome is a 1972 universal. 2 bedroom/2 bath doublewide with a huge california room attached.
I inherited this from my anunt..everything has been ugraded or remodeled in the last 2 years.
My aunt replaced the entire roof in 1988. She was not cheap, so I know the roof is the best $$$$ could buy. We had a very small leak in the kitchen 3 years ago(we had really bad rain & high winds at the same time)
My contractor went up on the roof and hes the one that told me that my roof was in excellent condition. He said there were alot of vents up there that didn't have any kind of cover/shielding so he made what I refer to as "tiny hats" for the vents. He said because the vents didn't have these the wind blew the rain straight down into the vents. We never had any issues since. I am just curious how long a good metal roof lasts. thanks~
Jim from Canada

a "good" metal roof will last longer than you do. JMO

Jim