Coleman 7995A856 Pilot light?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lissa

When I open the little spring door I see no flame anywhere. I tried to follow the directions for relighting the pilot light (holding down the switch etc) but nothing in there seems to ignite. I'm not sure where I should be aiming either. Any help? I'm freezing!

Lissa

model # 7995A856
Lissa

OK, I found it; and thankful I didn't blow anybody up! :wink:
The pilot was in on the left off of a flat chunk of metal and I was aiming for everything else but that!

Lissa
Robert

Hi Lissa,

Glad you found it, sorry I was away and unable to help when needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mrroyboy

I have the same model and I can't light my pilot light either. Where on the left is it? Do you have to put the match under the metal top? A picture or diagram would be very helpful
Robert

Hi,

Look at the gas valve. There is a small silver aluminum tubing connected to gas valve and running to inside the furnace area.

That tubing goes to the pilot burner where you light the pilot.

There is also a small copper colored wire similar to a clothes hangar that also connects to gas valve and runs inside furnace and attaches right beside the pilot burner.

That is the thermocouple.

Shine a light and aim match at the ned of the silver tubing.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?