You guys are fantastic!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Barb P

First I'd like to thank Robert for answering my questions, with such patience.

Guess what?? Repairman didn't know that the heating element from my Coleman 3400 is not available anymore. He hasn't had a call for one.
He was impressed that I knew. I gave this site credit of course.

For many reasons, he suggested a new model of Coleman. No pushy salesmanship, just talking.

It would be smaller but claims the same output as the 3400A812 It is a Coleman 12KW
Does that sound right for my 14x70 singlewide?

Thank you.
BarbP
Robert

Hi Barb,

You are very welcome and thank you for the kind words of support.

Your current furnace is a 12kw, so yes, it would be same size.

The only true way to know if that is size needed is to have him perform a Manual J Load Calc. to determine correct size furnace needed.

Now, with that said, the 3400 elements are no longer avaible, but depending on size dimensions, a newer element could most likely be used.

You could ship old element to Mark to verify or take pics and measurements and email to me to verify.

IF your furnace is not safe and/or you feel a new one is definately needed, then that is course to take.

However, I would not necessarily recommend it if only reason is because the element is no longer available.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Barb P

Thank you Robert, for the input. For peace of mind, I ordered the new one. This old lady's blood pressure can't take the strain.

Although I'm not thrilled with having to spend the money, on a new one, I must admit, the stress reduction is worth the price.
I was making myself sick, obsessing about this one.
I was afraid that I would keep replacing parts on this 20 year old one and then end up having to buy new anyway in a couple years.
My hubby was an electricion and would have taken this all in stride. Every problem is frightening to me.

Thanks again for all the input.....I love this place :)
BarbP
Robert

Hi Barb,

You're very welcome. I believe you made a wise choice in your situation, especially with it being 20 years old.

At that age, they can go from working fine to a money trap very quickly.

Enjoy the new heat and peace of mind.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?