Coleman 7655-856 won't stay running

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

parrishfamily4

Hello. Our heater kept coming on and the fan would sometimes run and sometimes not. We replaced the fan's compacitor and now the fan comes on but will not stay on. We ordered the lower limit switch but my husband says that it is the wrong one. He says it is "closed" and needs to be "open". Is it possible that a fan switch could be the problem? And if so would it be 7975-3281? Thanks for the help.
Robert

Hi,

Lower Limit # 7705-3591

Upper Limit (manual reset) # 7624A3591

Fan Switch # 7975-3281

All can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

The limits are supposed to be closed and open when tripped.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
parrishfamily4

Thanks for the help. I ordered the parts and my husband installed the fan switch. He didn't see where the upper limit switch was located. We also replaced the thermastat on the wall. The heater is now working much better but the fan stops blowing before the burners go out. The fan stops when the set temperature is reached but the burners stay lit. Any suggestions? Thanks and God bless.
Robert

Is there still a call for heat from t-stat at that time ?

Is there still power to gas valve ?

Because of the hazards here if something is misread, wired wrong or diagnosed wrong, it would be best to call a Tech.

Your families safety is of the utmost importance here.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?