Help me understand airflow with Coleman Pres III 7975-856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

prtrost

Greetings! First, let me thank you for having such a wonderful website. You guys (and gals) Rock!

Subject: Help me understand airflow with Coleman Pres III 7975-856.

I just finished getting all the dirt and fuzzies off my A-(whatever the heck its called). The evaporator I think. Whew, was that thing dirty! Thanks for the tips, it solved a problem I was having.

I'm now wondering how just how the air is getting into the air ducts from the furnace.

I looked around inside the furnace for a connection point between the the duct work and furnace and couldn't find it. Is it under the evaporator? (The A-Whatever?) (I keep wanting to type A-Rod. :D )

Does anyone have a picture of the connection point between the furnace and the ductwork?
Robert

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard !!!

No pics at the moment readily available. However, yes, it is under the A-Coil.

For downflow furnaces, the duct(s) run parallel under the length of home.

An opening is cut into duct and a connector collar is attached that then is attached to a furnace duct connector .

The furnace sits atop the floor opening/duct connector and bottom of furnace is open.

The airflow flows downward into duct and travels through the duct trunkline exiting at register openings.

If you have a DW, there is 1-2 crossover duct(s) to transfer the airflow to the other half trunkline.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
prtrost

Thanks Robert!

I've noticed that there is a stream of air escaping through the sheet metal where the gas, A\C lines enter the furnace. (Lower left corner as I face the furnace) Is that normal?

Plenty of forced air coming through in all my vents in the trailer.
Robert

Hi Paul,

Seal around those openings carefully with foil backed tape.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
prtrost

thanks robert! Will do. I've another question:

In regards to the anticipator settings as posted in your very informative maintenance tips:
"For optimum performance and safety of your furnace, you should never guess at the anticipator settings. Always refer to the manual or contact the manufacturer. You may also be able to get the anticipator settings by looking at the gas valve for the amp setting. "

( http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... .htm#short )

I don't have the manual, (went to Colemans website to see if they had a homeowners manual online, no luck) and I looked at the gas valves and connectors on my furnace. I see some numbers with abbreviations but don't know what I'm looking for. What does the anticipator setting look like? Can you tell me what my anticipator setting should be? Coleman Pres III 7975-856

I can't tell you how grateful I am for your assistance! The fact that you guys put all this info out there for free..I'll say it again, You Rock! I work on computers for a living, maybe I can return the favor somehow?
Robert

Hi Paul,

It's a decimal number something like 0.4 A or 0.4, 0.5, 1.0, etc...

I'll get exact number tomorrow. We sell manuals on models we have been able to obtain them for.

Kinda behind now on getting those mailed out due to Mark moving to bigger store/office.

Remind me in a week or two and I'll send info on ordering one.

You pay and order, if unavailable, refund is issued immediately.

They're $15 and can be emailed or snail mailed.

Thanks,
Robert