Pilot light goes out every couple of days.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

eblasch

WE have a Coleman Presidentiall III 7900 series furnace. It seems we have to light the pilot every 2 - 3 days. It will stay lit then all of a sudden after a heat cycle it will go out. Could it be the Thermostat or the Thermocoupler? It is so weird. IF we replace the panels with the filters the pilot goes out more often.
Robert

What do you mean by replace panels with filters ? Could be t-stat, thermocouple, gas valve, down draft from roofjack.

Would be best to have Tech look at it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mr_alphabet

I have had the same problem with my Presidential III and also noticed that if I left the lower panel off, the pilot stayed lit longer. Also, an older post on here somewhere said that theirs stayed lit if the thermostat was above 70. My gas man as well as my service tech, (just had the fan motor replaced) assured me that there is absolutely no way there can be any connection between thermostat settings and pilot going out....but once again, yesterday, it got close to 50 degrees outdoors so I turned the thermostat down to about 67-68. Guess what? When I got cold, I found the pilot had gone out! If I leave it set at 70 or above, it doesn't matter how windy it gets outside, the pilot stays on. Go figure!
Robert

Hi,

If you are seeking an answer, please start a new thread with your problem. We try to not combine questions, because though similar, they most often are different and so are their units.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?