My Mobile Home Remodel Is Finally Finished

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

peterpanippleskin

Hi,
I doubt that many (if any) actually remember me. It's been nearly 18 months since I was last here on this website. My computer crashed and I lost all of the "before" pictures that I had... except for a few that I uploaded on this website, but that was 18 months ago! They are likely long gone.

So, I will be uploading new pictures of my finished mobile home.
In case anyone doesn't remember...

I have a 1972 Vin Dale 14 x 70. It had a metal roof on it and I removed the metal roof, all of the siding, re-insulated and built a brand new wood truss/shingled roof. I also put on new exterior 7/16 OSB, then wrapped the home with 1 inch Styrofoam insulation sheeting and put on an entire "house-wrap" wind barrier before finally putting on new vinyl siding. The shingles are 50 year dimensional shingles over 3/4 inch OSB on 4/12 pitch trusses - 24 inches on center. I build a hip-roof pitch at each end instead of gable ends.

The interior is all brand new, too. I put in 1/2 inch drywall on the walls and ceiling. All carpet and pad and vinyl is new, as well as the interior doors, exterior doors and kitchen cabinets, too. The only things that are not new is one shower, a sink, a toilet and a cabinet. The rest of the mobile home is new, except the frame.

My mobile home passed inspection last week. It is structurally solid, well insulated with R-30 in the roof. The electrical all passed and it is up to current building codes... and beyond.

Total cost, including some labor that I could not do alone:
$34,000. (including $8,000 that I originally purchased the home for).

There is no other mobile like it. It is completely custom and it looks like a "regular" home inside.

I will be sending many pictures of it soon.
...... Matthew.
Spring Lake, MI
Serena

It sounds lovely. Congratulations. Am looking forward to the photos.
Yanita

Hi Matt,

Welcome back!

Looking forward to seeing your new home. That was alot of work. Since you been gone for such a long time as you can see we have a new site as well.

Under your user name in your post you will see waiting for approval or something under your name, click on it and accept the friendship. This will allow you to join the community and create your profile and your own personal photo album.

There is alot of info about the site and various functions in the Website Questions forum. If you have questions and can't find the answers please ask.

Look forward to browsing your personal album.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
SpongeBob

Hi Matt,
I really look forward to seeing your photos. Especially your roof! I hope your "new" home makes you feel really good about all you have accomplished.
-Bob
betty_joanne

I like the outdoor lighting you have.
NoDinero

Hey Matt,
I'll be starting on my Doublewide remodel in about another month.
I will be doing everything inside and out myself. Even raising the ceiling height in the inside.
Steve