Coleman Central A/C and Heater not operating properly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

UnionElectrician

Hello! I have perused this web forum, and it seems to be a very helpful place. I certainly hope you can assist me with troubleshooting this unit, as the A/C tech that came out and looked at it said it was operating okay (which it was, for about the first 3 hours after he left)

I have a Coleman model PAC042H1021A unit.
The heater kicks on with the thermostat, but it doesn't put any heat out of the vents; I have ensured that the duct work is in good condition, and it is well insulated.

The air coming out of the vents is the same temperature as the air going in, and the fan seems to be blowing *really* slowly... When I turn it to A/C, there is MUCH more air-flow. Sometimes there is heat coming from the vents, but it rarely lasts for more than a few minutes...

I recently had the power company come out and do an 'Energy Audit', as my electric bills of late have been ridiculous.

Results of the energy audit show that the main cause of my astronomic electric bill was the a/c unit; using $.37/hr in cooling mode, and nearly $.89/hr in heating mode.

What I'm looking for is an electrical schematic, and perhaps some troubleshooting tips.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you need further info, I will gladly provide it, if available.
Robert

That is a Packaged a/c unit, where is your furnace or air handler with heat strips or whatever you have for heat ?

I need a model number of that to see what you have for heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?