coleman 3400-720 ?'s

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

malodin

Hi, I want to start of by introducing my self, my name is Alex i am a maintenance technician by trade and am familiar with motors and almost all the parts inside a furnace(maybe not name level but i know what to look for)

I have as stated a 3400-720 that i believe the blower motor is getting ready to fail, past few months it has been squealing occasionally (typical bearing problems) however in the last 3 days or so the output has begun to decrease and the squealing has increased. the motor appears to be slowing down. when i input the coleman number into the net i came up with your website and the parts list for the 3400's but there is no motor listed for it. I am hoping to find the motor number before i tear into it as i will be without heat for a day or so that way.

if one of you would be so kind to post up what the specific motor or a replacement motor number is i would sure appreciate it, as that way i can cross reference it with one of the company's we have accts with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

p.s on the page that shows the part numbers for the 3500's it shows model number 1468-120p is that the same as what would be in a 3400 series? if so than i think i found the grainger equivalant

well it apears as i jammed my head in there i was able to get the model number which is 3400-314 which then superceeds to 1468-120p. the closest grainger one i can get to that is a 3 speed or 1 speed

Grainger Item # 4UU67
Direct Drive Blower Motor
Shaded Pole
Open Air-Over
1/6 HP
1050 Nameplate RPM
115/208-230 Voltage
48Y NEMA/IEC Frame
Full Load Amps 6.6/3.3-3.3
Service Factor 1.0
60 Hz, Ambient 40 C
Insulation Class A
Number of Speeds 1
Ring Mounting
All-Angle Sleeve Bearings
Thermal Protection Auto
Rotation CCWLE
Efficiency Group High
Body Dia 5 5/8 In
Length Less Shaft 4 15/16 In
Shaft Dia 1/2 In
Shaft Length 3 1/2 In

or

Grainger Item # 4UU79
Direct Drive Blower Motor
Shaded Pole
Open Air-Over
1/6 HP
1050 Nameplate RPM
115 Voltage
42Y NEMA/IEC Frame
Full Load Amps 6.3
Service Factor 1.0
60 Hz
Ambient 40 C
Insulation Class B
Number of Speeds 3
Ring/Stud Mounting
All-Angle Sleeve Bearings
Thermal Protection Auto
Rotation CCWLE
Efficiency Group High
Body Dia 5 In
Length Less Shaft 5 3/16 In
Shaft Dia 1/2 In
Shaft Length 3 15/16 In

i am thinking the 3 speed would be better and i could just wire it with the two lower or the two higher speed settings and try it if i dont like it change it to the other speed setting. i.e. 1-2 or 2-3

any suggestions?

also is there an upgrade motor to this 1468-120p? and what benefit would it have for me?
Robert

Hi Alex,

Blower Motor # 1468-120P is correct. No upgrades to it.

I would go with 2-3 speed. Be sure that whatever motor you get, if not from a MH supply, that the motor is one rated for use with a MH duct system.

We have it here on left side of this page for order through PayPal:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Orders are usually shipped same day if ordered early enough and have 2-3 day delivery time.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
malodin

Robert wrote:Hi Alex,

Blower Motor # 1468-120P is correct. No upgrades to it.

I would go with 2-3 speed. Be sure that whatever motor you get, if not from a MH supply, that the motor is one rated for use with a MH duct system.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert, thanks for the quick response how would i know if the motor is rated for use with the m/h duct system. as far as description's go both of those motors say open air-over.(same description as the 1468-120p) though it apears to have a little bit higher full load amps than the 1468
malodin

Robert, thanks again for the response. i found johnstone supply here locally to me(we have an act. with them) granted its a little more than your besite but they have 3 in stock(exact model's) and i can run at lunch and pick it up.

alex

p.s. i am sure i will be asking lots more questions.
Robert

Replied to pm's.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?