Electric

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cindys0417il

I had my electric outlets go out on my mobile home on the left side of my home and none of these outlets work on the left side but the kitchen in the front of the mobile home works and also the outlets on the left side of the kitchen work but from the living room (next to the kitchen) and all the way back on the left side, none of these elec. outlets work. What do you think happened? Its not a breaker. I checked that already.
Greg

It sounds like a connection problem in one of the outlets. they are tied together, so if you loose conection all outlets downstream are dead.
As a policy here we do not give detailed advice in two areas, Gas & Electric. These are two areas that you do not want to "learn by doing". One mistake can have deadly results.
Please call a qualified electrician. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Are any of your outlets in the effected area marked/labeled GFCI?

If so hit the reset button and see if that fixes the problem, other wise you will need to call an electrician.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
wayne

I had a loose wire in one of my switches that wouldn't let any power to the circuit from that point on. I wouldn't touch anything electrical unless you know what your doing.
Gondo

Usually they put the left side with lights all together, and the right side all together. The reason the kitchen works is because those are all required to be dedicated circuits.

If you lost power to all your circuits it could be a faulty breaker. Just cause it's turned on doesn't mean it's good. Or a problem with the wiring down the line. Could be a bad connection with a wire nut or on the plug itself.

I would shut the breaker off immediately to prevent arcing down the line and start checking everything on that circuit including receptacles, switches, and lights.