Hole in tub!!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Allen S

Can anyone recommend a good bathtub repair kit for an acrylic tub? I have seen plenty on the internet but I am afraid to try them without some reviews. I would like for the repair to be not so noticeable as this tub is only six months old. The hole is probably 1/16 of an inch. To make a long story short, don’t bath a 95 lb German Sheppard with out a bath mat in it the tub. :(
Mark
Site Admin

Anything you do will be just a temporary repair. Eventually the tub will need to be replaced. If you can, replace with a fiberglass as that can be repaired.

The tape kit that we sell on this website works great, but definitely noticeable. Even considered a bit gaudy. http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/quickfixtubrep.htm

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
2canSAM

I would really look at replacing the tub instead of patching. Long story short I tried to patch a crack in a bathtub a while back and it seemed to work well. Never saw any cracks in the patch. Started to see mold on the walls and bought the replacement fiberglass tub. Now I am having to restud, cut out and replace the subfloor and mudsill in that bathroom, replace drywall and all sorts of other fun stuff. What would have been a $200.00 repair is now costing me close $600.00 and alot more weekends than just 1.