EB17B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jmich13049

I have a Coleman EB17B. It has a 11.4 and a 4.8 heating elements. I have the breaker turned off for the 4.8kw to save on electric bill. When the heat first comes on, I get 105 degrees out of the register. After about 5-10 minutes the temp drops to 92 degrees until the heater turns off. Is this maybe caused by a faulty limit switch or what. How do I check what is going on.
jmich13049

Robert or whom else. I just wanted to let you know also that I thought maybe by turning off the lower breaker I might be doing something else than turning off the 4.8 kw element. I turned the breaker back on and removed the black wire from the breaker to the 4.8 element. I removed the red wire from the 4.8 element and the sequencer. It still did the same thing after I put the heat on. At first the register was putting out 105 degrees. Four minutes later there was a click in the unit and the temp dropped to 92 degrees coming out of the register.
Robert

Hi,

The elements come on and off in a sequential stage and go off in reverse.

The limits will turn them off and on if they reach limit set point before t-stat is satisfied.

Each element has it's own limit and wiring, so shouldn't interfere with others.

Hook it all back up and turn on and see what temps you get that way.

Should be higher, but should also show a change and reduction after a set time.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?