Your biggest FAN

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lorayn

My Coleman furnace is acting up. It turns on, the burner then the fan, and it runs for a few minutes, then the fan turns off, not the burner, but the fan immediately turns back on and it runs through the cycle. This action has been for the past couple days.
Right now I've had to turn it completely off because it has decided to turn on, the burner, and now the fan is turning on and off and on and off.......
These are the symptoms doc! The cure? 7655-856
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

I am going to move this to the heating and cooling forums. Please read the posting tips there to include further information in your post.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a bad fan switch.

Fan Switch # 7975-3281 can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from left side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Let me know if outside the U.S. for added ordering info.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lorayn

Thanks so much Robert,
I did finally research it enough to find the part number for the Fan Switch, its now just a matter of someone selling me the right part number. Let me just say that a "universal adjustable thermostat" Fan Switch does not work...and...an "upper limit" Switch (of course) does not work either.
For some reason some people just didn't think I knew what I was talking about. Thanks to this site, it wasn't difficult to understand this very basic furnace 7655-856. Thanks to a previous response to the same condition on a newer model, you had it right on. My Fan Switch has a clearly burnt terminal on one side...no mistaking that!
At this moment, while waiting for this replacement part, I've jumped the faulty Fan Switch...warming the house as needed with the system switch. Not the best scenario, but a necessity at 22°, until FedEx arrives.
Again, thanks so much. I'm one of those "need to know how it works" people.
Lorayn
Robert

Hi Lorayn,

You're very welcome , happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?