Coleman Furnace & A/C Compatibility

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

FindaSong

I have a Coleman Presidential Evcon 7970 Standing Pilot Model furnace, and was looking at buying a used A/C unit for it from a classified ad I saw. Are all of the Coleman Furnaces and air conditioners compatable? My thermostat is already ready for A/C. I'm looking at A/C model #BRCS0301BD with A Coil #G1NA030S17KA. Can anyone help me before I decide to get the A/C unit? Thanks very much in advance!
Robert

Hi,

Yes, they are compatible provided the a/c is an a/c designated for mobile home use.

It also has to be correct size and fall within size limits for your furnace.

You then will most likely need a a/c control box or change out some heat only components for heat and a/c components in heating control box.

You may also need to replace blower assembly if it is not an a/c compatible blower assembly.

You will have to get an a-coil cabinet to install a-coil under the furnace.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
FindaSong

Thanks so much for your help!!! The furnace is already set-up for A/C, just didn't know if certain models needed to be matched up, but you have answered my question right to a 'T'. Thanks again!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?