Air pressure help

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cksh

hello,

I have a SW (1995, can't rememebr model) and have some general questions about the furnace.

I know I have a Coleman but can someone please tell me where to find the model# of my furnace? Can't find it anywhere. The blower is at the very top then the furnace and then A-frame at the bottom.

Anyway, for the past 2 years I have noticed decreased airpressue out of my floor vents on one side of the house. Basically the furnace is near the end with only a bedroom and bathroom between it and the end of my home. These two rooms have incredible air flow. But on the other side of my furnace going in the other direction the air just trickles out of the floor vents.

I have tried cleaning my A-frame and vacuuming some of the ducts but it didn't help. Directly under the furnace is it possible that there is a door/gate that might have been moved when we had our ducts cleaned a couple of years ago? Or its extremely dirty and clogged under the A-frame.

I am in a park so I have insulation under the home. I haven't had time to climb under the skirting and see if there is an access panel.

If there is no access under the home I may have to cut the insulation and hack into the duct work to see what going on. The blower seems to be working fine. Maybe my A-frame needs replaced (original to home) but the air temperature is fine in the summer theres just not much of it.

I just find it strange that on a single wide the air flow is great on one side and almost nothing on the other. Unless there is a cross over duct to get fom one side of the furnace to the other?

Any help would be great. Thanks for reading!
Robert

Hi,

Is it the same in winter with heat as it is in summer with a/c ?

You can remove ALL register grilles and start at end of home near furnace. Lay a bright light down in duct aiming at next register. Go there and hold mirror down in duct and look back toward the light.

Keep moving one by one until all registers and entire duct interior has been inspected.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cksh

I kept trying to use a mirror and the light at the same register but could only see a few feet. Never thought to check if I could even see the light from another register. Will try that tonight thanks! At least I will know if my son shoved a toy down there.

Yes, it is the same for both summer and winter. Air still trickles out with both AC and furnace.
Robert

If you place a bright light in center of duct and then from next register hold mirror at good angle, you can see entire duct back to light and see any blockages, tears, seperations, etc... .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cksh

I tried checking the registers and I can see the light from the other registers but still have trouble making out details. It does not look like there are any blockages (nothing major at least). It is possible there could be some seperation but nothing obvious.
Robert

Hi,

You may need some help looking at it, should be very clear if holding decent sized mirror and have bright light.

If there is any seperations, you'll lose needed airflow.

Would need to be repaired if so. Need to get it to where there are no seperations, kinks or blockages.

If still having low airflow, will need an HVAC Tech to test airflow from motor.

Thanks,
Robert