adding AC to deluxe blend air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Misneachail

Hi,

We would like to add AC to our coleman deluxe blend air II system.
Model #7681-8171/B, serial #961144387 - it's a 97' I think. :shock:

In contacting our local "company" they need to know what horsepower the blower is. We have looked on the blower itself, but there isn't a label visible that states what HP it is. Is there any way to find out what it is? Without having to remove the blower. :wink:

Also, is it possible to add AC to this particular unit? Any recommendations as to what size; changes we'll need to make; or additions we'll need to do? I have a bet with my hubby that it is possible. :twisted: The window units are causing havoc with our windows. I have MS and need the AC in the summer. I'm also hoping central air will be cheaper to run than a 220volt window unit. 8)

Our house is 1246 sq ft. with 10 vents - all one level.
It's a manufactured home on a crawl space and we have plenty of space for an outside unit. The only change we had to make with the unit is the damper has been pushed all the way open - we use electrostatic filters and it wasn't getting enough air with them.

THANKS!!!!
JEN
Robert

Hi Jen,

Look on front facing of furnace for a data sticker to get furnace model number.

The Deluxe Blend Air II system is not the furnace, but a seperate system for adding fresh air to return air and for venting the attic space of humidity/moisture.

The damper has no effect on the amount of airflow, your blower motor/speed would be problem there due to the filters you're using restricting airflow.

You can add a/c to any/all furnaces.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Misneachail

Thanks so much Robert!

That makes much more sense now. :wink:
For some reason I was lumping them together. :oops:

Adding central air was my idea and my hubby's first response was that it's not going to be possible and it's going to cost an arm and a leg. (typical response to any of my ideas :shock: :x :roll: )

I'll check the sticker and get the info. to the AC company.

Just curious, but what does the horsepower of the blower tell them?
I told my hubby it lets them know what size condensor unit we need, but he didn't believe me. :shock: I swear I read it online!

THANKS again!
JEN
Robert

Hi,

The HP will tell them if the blower is a/c compatible and how many tons of a/c it can support.

To know size a/c needed, you need an ACCA Manual J Load Calculation done on your home.

You can do a rule of thumb and guesstimate it, but best to know without any doubt.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?