Coleman Mod#DGAA056BDTA - Red light flashing/Beeping

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GSR

Have to shut off switch on box to get red light to stop beeping. Box says there is a problem w/attic fan. There is a 3 piece wire that runs from this box & goes up into the ceiling. What fan is it referring to? There is an attic type fan in the hallway w/ a seperate wall control switch. Is this fan connected to the furnace? What is the problem & how do I fix it?
Thanks!
Robert

This should help explain it and help troubleshooting it:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html

The fan is inside a hooded vent on top of roof.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
GSR

Robert, the info you gave me was great. I am getting no voltage going to the control board to the attic fan. The breakers seemed to be ok in the panel. When I disconnect the 4 wire plug @ the lower board I can hear a clicking @ the attic fan board so I know the connection is being made. I'm going to recheck the breaker panel myself. Intest 1 & 2 @ the lower board I got 28 DC volts. Where do I go from here, the lower board seems ok? Jesus Christ is my Lord & Savior as well!
Thanks Again
Robert

Hi,

Bless you on being a born again Christian !! Have you checked to see if attic fan is running when you unplug the 4 wire plug ?

If so, continue on with next step.

Starting at very beginning of Deluxe Blend Air II system, read all and do everything in sequence as it states to single out problem.

We have all needed parts once it is determined what is needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
GSR

Robert,

I can hear a clicking @ the attic fan when I am on the roof, with the 4 wire plug disconnected from the lower board, but the fan doesn't turn on. I went through all the steps, just seems odd that I am not getting 120 to attic fan board.

I will definitely buy the part(s) from you guys once I figure out what needs to be replaced.

Thanks again!

GSR
Robert

Hi,

Verify that there is not a breaker for the attic fan that has tripped.

Then keep following the instructions, if attic motor is not running, it says go to step 6.

Each step and what to do is listed through to the end to diagnose problem.

Thanks,
Robert