blower assembly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mik

I have a Coleman model7956A856 which works pretty decent until the mercury hits above 95 degrees, then it struggles. The air coming through the vents is still ice cold but I just don't have enough air flow. We're going on about 8 years this way and heard that we may be able to upgrade the blower assembly. Ducts are are sealed, 4 ton carrier unit outside and matching A coils inside. The blower is either 2, or 3 speed, with it on high in AC mode. any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mik
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you tell which blower assembly you have? Might be some numbers on it. The assembly you have is probably a 2-speed 7900-6061/a. If you are looking for a bit more oompf, then you should consider upgrading to a 3-speed blower assembly, which is part number 7900-6051/C. If you are already using a 7900-6051/C, then your last hope is a 7900-7751 blower assembly. Oddly, the 7900-7751 is only a 1-speed motor. If you live in an area where you use mostly a/c, you'll be fine. If you also use a lot of heat, then it won't work very well. Maybe keep your old blower assy to slide-in during the heating season.

You can find the blower assemblies at this link: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html.

Mark

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
mik

Mark,
Thanks for the info. Looking at the picture on the site, it looks and measures like the 6051/C, but I don't have any ID marks. I did replace the motor a few years back and the new one seemed to be a little weaker than the old one that was squealing, but I didn't notice that much difference in air flow. I'm not too sure about changing units between seasons, but you've given me something to think about.
Thanks, Mik
mik

In regards to the blower assembly, if I remove the filter assembly the flow greatly increases. If I switched out the lower RPM 3 speed motor with a higher RPM speed motor would that help the situation? I think the motor it has is either a 1075, or 1150 RPM. What about a 1625 RPM 3 speed? or am I WAAY OFF.
Thanks, Mik
Robert

Hi,

That's too much rpm. Will have to be motor that is within design specs of unit and ductwork.

What type filter are you using ?

Is it in the furnace door or where is it located ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mik

Hi Robert,

The filter is in the furnace cover, and is a generic corrugated paper filter that can be purchased anywhere. Like I said before, the motor is a generic replacement of the one that went out a few years back. I think the system could have worked better even back then. Do you have any motor suggestions? I have been thinking that the I should also vent the attic, although some of the ceilings are vaulted. You guy's are offering a great service for do it yourselfers. Thanks, Mik
Robert

Hi Mik,

7900-6051/C is your best option for a motor.

Try to find a custom cut to fit woven fibered filter made of Hogs Hair material.

I get them here at Wal-Mart made by Precision Air, Inc. and they are called NaturalAire, blue in color.

You can also get in rolls from HVAC or Plumbing-Heating supply houses.

They have to be cleaned with warm water and liquid dish soap, rinsed and air dried every 30 days and last about a year each.

They press in behind lips of louvered door panel in front of a-coil.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mik

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the reply. I didn't happen to see the specs on the blower motor for the blower assembly you mentioned. I think that I have that assembly by looking at the pics in the parts section. It just needs more OOmph!

Thanks, Mik
Robert

Due to size restrictions of MH ducts, that is most OOomph you can have and not damage system.

If not getting enough airflow, problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks,
Robert
mik

OK, I may have biffed my description of my assembly. I saw a unit under the 7900-6051/C that is a Nordyne that is commonly used with coleman systems# 900759. it has the control box on it just as the one listed. the number on mine is SN-3589H02111. Would the Coleman unit work better? Where would the thermostat tie in for the Coleman unit? or would just a new motor work better.
Thanks for the help.
Mik
Robert

Hi Mik,

Would need to use the Coleman. IF you have the 7900-6051/C, then a new motor would be best.

If not, then the new blower assembly would be needed.

Blower Motor # 1468-235P/A @ $197.99

Run Capacitor # 1499-4461 @ $7.89

Shipping = $16.50

To order, please call toll free after 9 AM CST to

1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard or have a PayPal

Invoice sent via email for payment.

Not sure I understand your question about the t-stat.

Thanks,
Robert
mik

Hi Robert

OK,
I just ordered the 7900 6051/C blower assembly and am awaiting it's arrival. Will I be tying it in to the control box which is attached to the Nordyne unit on blower housing? The T-stat wires are on it. Or do I need to by a new control box also? looks like I have 2 control boxes? Just trying to get my ducks in a row.
Thanks, Mik
Robert

Hi Mik,

Should be able to take it off old assembly and reattach to new assembly.

You most likely have a cooling control box on blower housing and a seperate heating control box.

Thanks,
Robert
mik

Robert, I can't thank you enough! AC is working better than ever! it even cycles @ 95 degrees. It was 110 degrees yesterday and the t-stat climbed 1 degree from where it was set, easy install also. Thanks again. Now if we can get rid of all the smoke in California we might be able to survive this summer.

Mik
Robert

Hi Mik,

That's great news and you're very welcome, happy I could help.

Been watching the news on the fires, sure is heartbreaking seeing

the effects of it every day.

Hope they get them contained and under control soon.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert