Who is the best MH-MFG

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Loki

If I were to buy a brandnew mobile home what would community wide be the best of the best as manufactures go? I have been reading alot of good things on Palm Harbor. Does anyone else know of something better as far as attention to detail craftsmanship etc go?
Yanita

Hi,

We really do not advocate one manufacturer over another. Although I will say, with today's ever increasing energy bills I would find the home that is best built and designed for your area. Palm Harbor does seem to be high in the running.

Regardless of the manufacturer there are several things I would look for before I looked at all things pretty. Bigger joist, added, insulation, I prefer shingled roofs, over hangs, house windows/doors, real gutters etc...there are many threads on this subject.

Others will respond without a doubt...

I am going to move this thread to the Off Topic forums as this is not repair related.

Good luck in your search for a new home.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Erick, That is a very difficult question to answer. Many manufactures are regional and not marketed country wide.
It is going to take some homework on your part. Get specifications from builders & dealers in your area so you know what you would be getting. There are many options you can opt for, I would go towards the energy saving options, and what ever options will make the home stronger. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

I like Palm Harbor.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
rdavy

I like Solitaire, they are more expensive but appear to be better built than many. Wish I'd have bought one instead of this Clayton repo.